Desktop Media is small application for Windows (any flavor) that automatically adds drive icons to your desktop.
It will detect USB drives, fixed drives (ie. your hard drives), CD/DVD drives, network drives, and even RAM disk drives.For removable media (such as USB drives and CD/DVD drives), it will only add the drive to your desktop if it is present. So if you have a CD/DVD drive, but no disc is present, you won’t see the icon on your desktop.
- Automatically detects new (or existing) media and adds the icons to your desktop.
- Has the ability to create soft links (shortcuts) or hard links (symbolic links).
- Supports removable, fixed, network, CD/DVD, and RAM disk drives.
- Ability to ignore user-specified drive letters.
- Has the option to save the positions of the icons.