What is MAC Address ?
A Media Access Control address or MAC address is a unique code assigned to every piece of hardware that connects to the Internet. Internet capable phones, Network Interface Cards for desktop or notebook computers, Wireless Access Cards, and even some memory cards are among the devices that are assigned MAC addresses.
Technitium MAC Address Changer :-
Technitium MAC Address Changer allows you to change Media Access Control (MAC) Address of your Network Interface Card (NIC) irrespective to your NIC manufacturer or its driver. It has a very simple user interface and provides ample information regarding each NIC in the machine. Every NIC has a MAC address hard coded in its circuit by the manufacturer. This hard coded MAC address is used by windows drivers to access Ethernet Network (LAN). This tool can set a new MAC address to your NIC, bypassing the original hard coded MAC address. Technitium MAC Address Changer is a must tool in every security professionals tool box. Technitium MAC Address Changer is coded in Visual Basic 6.0.
How To Change MAC Address ?
1. Starting MAC address changer will list all available network adapters.
2. Select the adapter you want to change the MAC address. You will get the details of your selection below.
3. Click Change MAC button, enter new MAC address and click Change Now button and confirm changes you made when prompted.
4. To restore the original MAC address of the network adapter, select the adapter, click Change MAC button and then click Original MAC button and confirm changes you made when prompted.
NOTE: This tool cannot change MAC address of Microsoft Network Bridge. Network Bridge will automatically use the original MAC address of the first NIC added into bridge with the first octet of MAC address set to 0x02.
- Changes MAC address of Network Interface Card (NIC) including Wireless LAN Cards, irrespective of its manufacturer or its drivers.
- Has latest list of all known manufacturers (with corporate addresses) to choose from. You can also enter any MAC address and know which manufacturer it belongs to.
- Restarts your NIC automatically to apply MAC address changes instantaneously.
- Allows you to create Configuration Presets, which saves all your NIC settings and makes it very simple to switch between many settings in just a click and hence saves lot of time.
- Has command line interface for the Installer.
- Displays total bytes sent and received through the NIC.
- Displays current data transfer speed per second.
- Allows you to configure IP Address, Gateway and DNS Server for your NIC quickly and instantaneously.
- Allows you to Release/Renew DHCP IP address instantaneously.
- Allows you to enable/disable DHCP instantaneously.