Control Start Menu delay through registry. You can do this just by setting different value of the certain registry DWORD.
The following are the detailed and exact steps.
- Click the Start button, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type “regedit” (without the quotation marks), and then click OK.
- In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
- This registry entry will control how fast each menu sub-level appears and how fast the taskbar will appear if you have autohide set up.
- The number that you enter will be the time in milliseconds the operating system will pause. 1 second would need an entry of 1000.
- I usually set mine at 0 so that it appears as quick as it can.