If you have important documents and you are afraid about its privacy then do not be worried because windows XP provides (not officially) a utility by which u can hide your PC’s one or more drives.
If you wnt to Hide Or Disable your Drive then Do this:-
Follow this Steps:-
- Go to Start > run > type diskpart.A dos window will appear with following. DISKPART>
- Then type List volumeThis will look like it:-Volume### Ltr Label Fs Type Size Status Info etc in a row and details beneath.
Volume 0 F CD\DVD-ROM
Volume 1 C NTFS Partition 7000MB Healthy
Volume 2 D soft NTFS Partition 8000MB Healthy
Volume 3 E —- NTFS Partition 8000MB Healthy
- If u wanna hide drive D then type select volume 2 and hit enter. Then a message will appear in same winwods “Volume 2 is the selected volume“
- Now type remove letter D A message will come “Diskpart Removed the Drive letter”Sometime it requires the reboot the computer. And your D drive is vanished from sight.
Diskpart will remove the letter. Windows XP is not having capabilty to identify the unkown volume.
Now Do not be afraid. Your data will ramain safe.
- To revert changes, repeat the process but in 4th step replace “remove” with “assign”I mean type “assign letter D“Your drive will reappear again.
Enjoy This Tips …….