Thumbnail Preview in Windows 7 allows you to view the running programs by simply hovering your mouse over their icon at the Taskbar. But, the default thumbnail size is too small to view the running program clearly. Using a few registry tweaks or freeware tools, you can easily change the default size, and can adjust it as per your requirement.
- Open Run prompt (Win+R) & type regedit and press enter to open registry.
- Navigate to the path-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software-> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Explorer -> Taskband
- Here, create a DWORD and name it as “ThumbSize“
- Double click ThumbSize to modify it, and set its decimal value to “200“ (i am using 200, you can take any value, and later modify it as per your requirement)
- Exit Registry Editor, Log off and Log in again to see the changes.
Note – If you want to change the Thumbnail preview to text only, change the decimal value of ThumbSize to “1“.