Web Browser Facts | Internet Browser History
- The first browser invented by Berners-Lee was called the Worldwide Web , was released on December 25, 1990.
- The first graphical web browsers which led to explosion of web usage was developed in 1993 by under the leadership of Marc Andreessen. The browser was named NCSA Mosaic.
- Netscape Navigator was the first very popular browser in 1994. It accounted for 90% of all web use at its peak.
- Microsoft Internet Explorer was launched in 1995. The usage of this software peaked in 2002 at 95%. Internet Explorer is one of the popular browsers.
- Opera was started in 1996. It is presently one of the popular browsers on a mobile phone.
- Firefox has evolved from Netscape. It was released in 2004. It is one of the popular browsers.
- Apple Safari was developed in 2003. It is the main browser used in Apple machines.
- Google Chrome was released in September, 2008. It is also becoming popular.